CONSTIPATION is a pain in the butt. Nico had pretty bad constipation for the past four days (as a result of having buckwheat galettes for the first time!). He rarely has poopy problems so baking “nuggets” isn’t normal for my little one. TMI, I know.
My remedy? Prunes and chia seeds. I use Hiltona organic prunes which is sulphur-free and they are super moist. Chia seeds are so versatile – I use them in smoothies, breakfast oats, making jam etc. If you don’t have a bag in your pantry, get one now! Plus, it is awesome for constipation.
I cook the prunes with Ceres Organic millet cereal, and top up with plum slices. Don’t forget to sprinkle some chia seeds! Scroll down for the recipe and try it – bubba will love it:
Millet Cereal with Prune, Plum and Chia Seeds
- 1 – 2 tablespoon millet cereal
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pieces dried organic prunes
- 1 small plum
- A sprinkle of white chia seeds
- Chop the dried organic prunes and cook them in 1/2 cup of water in medium-low heat.
- Once the prunes soften, add 1-2 tablespoon of millet cereal. Stir continuously until the cereal thickens. Add water if the consistency becomes too sticky.
- Once its cooked, add the plum slices and a sprinkle of white chia seeds.
If you like to sweeten the millet cereal, you can add one chopped medjool date. I promise it will taste yummy! Enjoy.