If you’re looking for a delicious tote-able lunch for your toddler/baby, this is my fail-proof recipe for Baked Bean, Chicken & Broccoli Muffins. I adapted this recipe from the Baked Bean Muffins recipe from goodtoknow.co.uk. Honestly, you can add any ingredients you want – because it is such a versatile recipe.
This is perfect for your baby and toddler’s lunchbox. This recipe makes 12 yummy muffins. Enjoy!
Baked Bean, Chicken & Broccoli Muffins
- 160g self-raising flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- 120ml full-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 45g butter, melted
- A handful of cooked or leftover chicken, shredded
- 4 broccoli florets, par-cooked and crumbled
- 220g can of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 60g mature cheddar, grated (I use grated edam cheese, because it’s 25% lower in fat!)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease your muffin tray – or use paper cups, whichever you prefer.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, a little at a time.
- Melt the butter.
- Prepare the milk and lightly beat egg.
- Using a wooden spoon or balloon whisk, make a well in the centre of the flour, then pour in the milk, beaten egg and melted butter. Mix to combine. Do not overwork the mixture as it will result in a tough, dense muffin.
- Stir the baked beans and grated cheese into the mixture, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mix into the muffin tray. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the muffins.
- Place the tray into the over and cook for approximately 20-25 mins until the top is golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the muffin tray from the oven and cool the muffins on a wire rack.
- Baked beans, ham and green peas
- Baked beans, bacon bits and kale
- Minced chicken, green peas and grated carrots
- Any green pesto and ham